Yes you save money and help nature. But most people have other reasons.
Natural Grass not Designed For Heavy Use
It is right to say that natural grass is lovely. But in many cases grass gets muddy and is difficult to use in winter time. Artificial grass stays clean and bright year round.
What do other people say?
1) To keep our lawn alive we pour so much water that we cannot walk, or grass simply dies.
2) Pets bring dirt into the house. We have to clean it all, from floors to rugs to sofas. It is a nightmare.
3) Not getting enough sunlight. We walk on dirt every winter.
4) We rented out our house to realize that they turned off water and let all grass die.
5) Our guests cannot walk in dress shoes.
6) I am tired of dealing with gardeners and noisy lawn movers.